Friday, 27 July 2007

Continuing where we left off ..............

.................. I should say, at the outset that if you haven't read "Fragments from the Lost & Profound" by Oliog (Lulu.com - free to download) what follows will probably make little sense and be of even less interest. Then, again, it is equally possible that if you have read the book .......... or at least some of it, this may still make little sense. Therefore, by the logic of all but those of doubtful sanity (and even less purpose) it would make no sense to continue here unless you actually drew some pleasure from the afore-mentioned book. The test for this would be if you laughed .......... quite a lot; or if you were intrigued and your curiosity piqued by the suspicion that there may be some elements of profundity buried in the occasional insights. If you laughed a lot, and were intrigued then you'll really like what is to follow .................. if neither is the case, then you've already come to far and need to ask yourself "why?". But there is no way back now! ..................... unless you're very wilful, and remain unconcerned about the "why?"



There are a veritable host of questions I can address to throw light on the book and hopefully afford some more insights on its themes, ideas, characters, overall purpose and plot. The purpose would be to spark feedback and discussion, but the risk is that my additional insights might grow into another fully formed, but reduced, entity emerging from the belly of the book as from a Russian doll ............. but hopefully with a few laughs on the way.



First, I intend to address the issue of the characters and why they are all basically the same character. I say 'first' but I also mean next ................ in the sense that it is my 'first' topic but I cannot address it until next time. A pause is required because it is rare and relatively dangerous for me to deliver so many words, successively, without some form of amusing analogy, simile, metaphor or careless slippage into the surreal. I'm already struggling to recognise myself, and I can feel myself being forced back into the battered, old suitcase like the ventriloquist's dummy .............. and I'm still refusing to "be quiet!" ...............

No comments: